Sheesh……….it seems like you just finish with dinner on Monday and you are already thinking about what to have on Tuesday, seems like a never ending cycle!
I’ll tell you one thing, Pinterest is my bff in the kitchen! My family has never eaten so good! I’m happy to report that I have had more winners than losers but cooking fails are bound to happen and when they do, it’s important to not take their gagging and fake smiles too personally!
One of my favorite Pinterest contributors is Six Sisters Stuff……..seriously though, these gals are amazing! Every single recipe I have tried is super easy to follow and tastes so good! I haven’t told my family but they are the ones who make me look good! Sometimes when it’s a rainy West Coast day all I want is to hunker down with a good hot bowl of soup, so today’s mission was to make Slow Cooker 4 Cheese Broccoli Soup – so creamy and full of goodness! The Sisters never steer me wrong – I made some changes, but here is the link to their recipe https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/slow-cooker-3-cheese-broccoli-soup/, which I used as a starting point. They used Velveeta cheese and while I absolutely love Velveeta, I used cream cheese, whipping cream and mozzarella cheese and it turned out great and was just what the doctor ordered for a stay in close to the fire kind of day! I encourage you to check them out (www.sixsisterstuff.com) – you will love their recipes too!
Crock Pot 4 Cheese Broccoli Soup
- Crock Pot
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Onion Finely Chopped
- 1½ Cups Whipping Cream or full fat milk
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth I like to use organic & low sodium but any chicken broth will do
- 2 Cups Broccoli Finely chopped fresh is best but frozen would also work
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 250 gram Block of Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese Could use Pepper Jack cheese if you would like some spice
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Cook onion until tender.
- Pour the chicken broth, onions, butter, whipping cream (or milk), pepper and salt into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- Add cream cheese to slow cooker, stirring until combined.
- Add the grated cheese and stir until melted.
- TURN OFF THE SLOW COOKER once cheese is melted. This will keep the milk and cheese from curdling.
- Sprinkle individual servings with cheddar cheese and serve with crusty bread.
Another favourite of mine is this recipe for Chocolate Banana Muffins! With school in session, everyone is looking for good easy things to put in the little gaffers lunches – these will make them happy! These muffins are easy, moist and delicious and whether you are a muffin making maniac or a new muffin baker, these are sure to please everyone in your house!
Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ Cups Ripe Mashed Bananas
- ⅓ Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut Can be omitted if you don't like coconut
- Sugar for sprinkling tops of muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a large bowl combine bananas, oil and egg
- In a separate bowl, sift together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder and add to banana mixture
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with approximately ½ - 1 tsp sugar
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let muffins cool before removing them from the muffin tins